The Lord has been opening me up to Daniel 7, 11 and 12 over and over again for awhile now. It is in these chapters that Daniel prophesies about the time of the end. I have been inspired to go through Daniel 11 and 12, Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21 and parts of John to study and compile all of the details and instruction about the time of the end of the current order of things. This is so that we may be prepared, equipped with understanding and found heeding Jesus’ warnings. It is my hope and prayer that not one of his children will be caught blindsided or surprised at the things to come.
This is the timeline ( w/warnings/instruction and encouragement) written by the Prophet Daniel and spoken of by Jesus in Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21 and parts of John compiled:
- Watch out! Don’t let anyone fool you.
- The “king of the north” will return to his own land with great wealth and his heart will be set against the holy covenant. He will take action then return home.
- We will hear of wars and rumors of wars; do not fear. For this must happen.
- At the time designated, the king of the north will come to the south.
- Ships from kittim will come against him, so that his courage will fail him. The king of the north will retreat and take furious action against the holy covenant and show favor to those who abandon the holy covenant. The people of the holy covenant will be arrested and punished, sometimes even to death. People will hate us because we belong to Jesus. Many will be trapped into betraying and hating each other. Don’t worry about what to say in your defense. It will not be just us speaking but the Holy Spirit too. Jesus will give us eloquence and wisdom that no adversary will be able to resist or refute.
- Many will come in Jesus Name even but claim to be the messiah and lead many astray. False prophets will appear and fool many. People’s love will grow cold because of increased distance from Torah (God’s teaching). People and families will fight, nations will fight, earthquakes will take place, famine will happen but this is just the beginning of birth pains. Nations will be in anxiety and bewilderment at the sound and surge of the sea.
- The Good News about the Kingdom will be announced through the whole world as a witness to the Nations, then the end will come.
- Armed forces, at the king of the north’s order, will profane the holy sanctuary and fortress. They will abolish the daily burnt offerings and set up the abomination that causes desolation(devastation), standing in the Holy Place (where it ought not be), those in Judah must escape to the hills because Yerushalayim will be surrounded by enemies and is about to be destroyed. If on the roof, do not go down to gather your things. If in the field, do not go back to collect your coat. It will be a terrible time for pregnant women and nursing mothers. Time to escape! Those who act wickedly against the holy covenant will be corrupted by the king of the north’s blandishments and flattery. But the people who know their God (who hold out till the end) will stand firm and prevail. These are the “Days of Vengeance” when EVERYTHING written in the Tanakh (Jewish Bible and Old Testament) will come true. Those among the people who have discernment will cause the rest of the people to understand what is happening; nevertheless, for awhile they will fall victim to sword, fire, exile and pillage. When they stumble, they will receive a little help, although many who join them will be insincere. Even some of those with discernment will stumble, so that some of them will be refined, purified, and cleansed for an end yet to come at the designated time. Keep watch on yourselves, or your heart will become dulled by carousing, drunkenness and the worries of everyday living, and that Day will be sprung upon you like a trap! For it will close in on everyone , no matter where they live, throughout the world. The king of the north king will do as he pleases and exalt himself above any god and will utter monstrous blasphemies against the God of gods. He will only prosper until the period of wrath is over. For what has been determined must take place. He will show no respect for any god, because he will consider himself greater than all of them. He will honor a god “unknown to his ancestors” and confer honor on those he acknowledges by distributing land as a reward. He will be an invader and overrun and then move on. Only a few countries will be saved from his power (Edom, Moav and Amon). He will also control gold and silver and everything of value. Once he pitches his tent between the seas and the mountain of holy Glory, he will end.
- The great prince, Mikha’el, who champions our people (the chosen, the elect, the faithful overcomers), will stand up.
- This will be a time of distress unparalleled between the time they became a nation to that moment. This time of trouble will be worse then there has ever been, from the beginning of the world until now, and there will be nothing like it again.
- But immediately following the trouble of those times, “The sun will grow dark, the moon will stop shining, the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers in heaven will be shaken.
- Indeed, if the length of this time had not been limited, no one would survive; but for the sake of the chosen/elect, its length will be limited.
- But don’t believe anyone who says, “Look! Here’s the messiah, “Here he is”, “Listen! He is out in the desert” or “He’s hidden away in a secret room!” These are false prophets who will lie and perform great miracles, amazing, things, so as to fool even the chosen, if possible.
- For when the Son of Man comes, it will be like lightning that flashes our of the east and fills the sky to the western horizon. Everyone all over the world will see Him!
- Then the ones whose names are found in the Book of Life will be delivered so stand up and hold your head up high.
- The sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, all the tribes of the Land will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with tremendous power and glory. He will send out his angels with a great shofar; and they will gather together his chosen people from the four winds (every direction), from one end of heaven to another. We must always be ready. The dead will rise and two will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left behind.
- Once the Son of Man comes in his Glory, he will separate the sheep to the right (the ones who fed the hungry, gave the thirsty something to drink, clothed the naked, made strangers their guests, took care of the sick and visited the imprisoned–to eternal life) and the goats to the left (the ones who refused to do these things to eternal shame where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth). (Daniel saw this in Daniel 7:13-14, “I kept watching the night visions, when I saw, coming with the clouds of heaven, someone like a son of man. He approached the Ancient One and was led into his presence. To him was given rulership, and glory, and a kingdom, so that all peoples, nations and languages should serve him. His rulership is an eternal rulership that will not pass away; and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.”)
- But what day or hour exactly? Only the Ancient One, the Father, knows and it is already designated for a specific time. We only know it will be some time after the Good News has been announced to the whole world.
- Those who can discern will shine “like the brightness of heavens dome and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.”
- Until the time of the end, many will “rush here and there as knowledge increases” and when the power of the holy people is no longer being shattered.
- Many will purify, cleanse and refine themselves but the wicked will keep on acting wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand. But those with discernment will understand. These people, this generation, will not pass away before all of these things happen. Meaning all of these things will happen within one generation. Daniel was told, more specifically, that from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days but how blessed are those that wait and arrive at the 1,335th day.
- Stay Alert! Always be praying that you will have the strength to escape all the things that will happen and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man.
John 5: 24-25, ” Yes, indeed! I (Jesus) tell you whoever hears what I am saying and trusts the One who sent me has eternal life– that is, he will not come up for judgement but has already crossed from death to life! Yes indeed! I tell you that there is coming a time– in fact, it’s already here– when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who listen will come to life.
John 5:27-29, “Also, he (the Father) has given him (Jesus) authority (see Daniel 7:13-14) to execute judgement, because he is the Son of Man. Don’t be surprised at this; because the time is coming when all who are in the grave will hear his voice and come out–those who have done good to a resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to a resurrection of judgement.”
Whoever trusts God has life! By trusting, righteousness is credited to our account.
John 8:12, “Jesus spoke to them again: ‘I am the Light of the world; whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light which gives life.”
By knowing God, we will stand firm and prevail.
Watch yourselves so your heart will not become dull and have discernment. Do not be fooled or surprised because we have been told ahead of time.
Follow Jesus, He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He is the Light we walk in. The Word is a Lamp unto our feet and He is the Word wrapped in flesh. So feed the hungry, give the thirsty something to drink, visit the imprisoned and take care of the sick, make strangers your guests. Because every time you do it for the least of these, you do it for Him.
Do not worry, purify your hearts, cleanse and refine yourselves.
James 4:7-10, ” Therefore submit to God. Moreover, take a stand against the Adversary, and he will flee from you. Come close to God, and He will come close to you. Clean your hands, sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded people! Wail, mourn, sob! Let your laughter be turned into mourning and joy into gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will lift you up.”